- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- May 1, 2016
- [+] More Details
A review of TagScanner by Fernando Ortega
TagScanner is a tool which help users with MP3 collections to organize the ID3 tags effectively. You're able to edit the labels with absolute minimal effort.
After years of collection MP3 files or simply neglecting to neatly organize them, your collection of music can sometimes turn into quite a mess. Whether your titles are mixed up, albums aren't properly tagged or the year of publication is incorrent, TagScanner helps bring order to your MP3 collection.
ID3 tags are generally used to organize your music and catalog data attached to your mp3 files such as author, title, genre, album name and year of release. With TagScanner you edit and organize these labels easily the way you want. With this application, you can work with files individually or perform batch operations.
In addition to adding tags manually, TagScanner lets you search and use data from databases such as online music freedb.org and Amazon. Even though the program is freeware, it contains a ton of different tools and thus might be a little bit intimidating at first. Getting around after a while becomes easier.
Overall, TagScanner allows you to effectively and easily organize your mp3 collection, thus making it neater and easier to search through.
TagScanner can batch modify ID3 tags and automatically tag MP3 files.TagScanner features and highlights:
- Rename files based on the tag and file information
- Powerful multiple files tag editor
- Import tag information from an online databases like freedb or Amazon
- Manual text-search for information in freedb
- Generate tag information from file/foldernames
- Tag fields formatting and rearrangement
- Words replacement and case conversion from tags and filenames
- Supports MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavPack, TrueAudio, WMA, MP4 files
- Supports ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2 tags, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata
- Supports for embedded lyrics and cover art
- Resize cover art for portable devices on the fly
- TAGs versions conversions
- Quick playlists creation
- Export information to HTML, XML CSV or any user-defined format
- Full support for Unicode
- Multilanguage interface
- Built-in multiformat player
TagScanner is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from mp3 tagging software without restrictions. TagScanner 6.0.8 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This Tag editor software is filed under:
- TagScanner Download
- Freeware MP3 Tagging Software
- Software Reviews
- Major release: TagScanner 6
Compatibility with this Tag editor software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version of TagScanner may be available from Sergey Serkov.
We have tested TagScanner 6.0.8 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]